Plugable 3.0 USB doesn't detect monitors through HDMI or VGA

I recently purchased the pluggable 3.0 usb docking station. Keyboard etc. work fine. However, HDMI and VGA links to monitors aren’t working. Monitor works through HDMI when I connect it direct to laptop but when connected through the docking station, it doesn’t pick up the monitor. can anyone help?

[Moderator note: Because of high search traffic to this post, updated on 07/21/2022 to direct to the regularly updated Knowledge Base article with the most up to date links.]

Hi Tom,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue, but I would be happy to assist!

Based on the description of the issue, and the fact that the connected USB devices are functioning, we are most likely dealing with an issue associated with your DisplayLink graphics drivers.

When you have a moment, please follow the instructions located in this KB article → My DisplayLink-based USB Docking Station or USB Video Adapter Is Not Working As Expected

Please let me know how this goes, and if it garnishes any immediate results!

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
plugable.com/support

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to Tom, as well as provide some step by step procedures to attempt to resolve the issue that he was experiencing, but we have not received a response back.

We hope that the in depth instructions allowed his device to start performing correctly again, and if he has any questions, or any future customers have any questions, we would be happy to help! Please contact us directly at support@plugable.com

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support