Plugable USB 3.0 not detecting monitors

Hi there,

I recently purchased a Plugable USB 3.0 docking station from Amazon. I have previously purchased an identical item had no troubles with it (let’s call this “Purchase #1”), but this newest purchase (let’s call it “Purchase #2”) is not working right. My computer will not detect any external monitors plugged into Purchase #2. I have done the following troubleshooting already:

1.) I tried plugging external monitors directly into the computer, circumventing Purchase #2. My computer recognized the external monitors with no difficulty.

2.) I tried connecting Purchase #2 to a different laptop, and found that this laptop was also unable to recognize external monitors plugged into Purchase #2. It may be worth noting that this laptop, when connected to Purchase #1, has no trouble detecting external monitors plugged into Purchase #1.

3.) I read the support post at the following link ( https://support.plugable.com/t/plugable-3-0-usb-doesnt-detect-monitors-through-hdmi-or-vga/10645) and followed all instructions to clear the old program files and install new ones. No change. I still cannot get any computer hooked up to Purchase #2 to detect external monitors:

Given the above, I can only conclude that Purchase #2 is faulty and needs replacing. Before I return it and exchange for another one, do you have any other ideas I could try?

Thank you,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I am sorry to hear that your second docking station is not functioning as expected with either of your laptops, and would be happy to provide additional support.

As a first step, may I ask you to please keep the #2 dock connected to your laptop, and send us the logs via your direct ticket?

I will update this forum post with additional details when possible as well.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.