Displays freezing

Hi Support Team,

I recently bought plugable USB 3.0 Docking Station, the extended displays keeps freezing constantly. Within a minute of connecting to the external display. Even after I disconnect the display the frozen external displays remain. I have to restart the docking station by disconnecting power source.

Although this (https://support.plugable.com/t/plugable-3-0-usb-doesnt-detect-monitors-through-hdmi-or-vga/10645) is a different topic I tried to follow the steps to see if issue goes away. I didn’t have any luck.

I also have a TOSHIBA Dynadock I have tried the exact same setup with that docking station and it works flawlessly.

Here is my setup -

Windows 10 laptop
BENQ G2480 screens -2
Plugable USB 3.0 Docking Station connected with an HDMI to first screen and VGA to DVI port to a second screen.

Can you please help me to resolve this issue?

Best!

Hi,

Thanks for posting!

I appreciate the details you provided. Based on your description of the issue, I’d like to request some logs from your Windows 10 laptop to best investigate further. Could you please keep the Plugable dock connected to your computer (with everything still attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool and follow the instructions there?

This will create a ZIP file on your Desktop containing system logs and information. Please send that ZIP file to us directly at support@plugable.com and include “Ticket #318307” in the subject line so that we can match up the email to this post.

Additionally, please include the Amazon Order ID associated with the dock in the email.

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.