Dock for Samsung Ultra Wide Monitor 49”

Hi, I am looking for a Dock for this monitor. I am not gamer so I am not looking for specific refresh rates as long as I can use the full definition.

I found another topic from 2 years ago but it is now closed and maybe you have new docks that can work.

https://support.plugable.com/t/which-dock-can-handle-a-49-ultrawide-monitor/21073

Thank you.

Hello, Oscar!
I’m Brian, a product owner here at Plugable and I will be more than happy to help you!

I’ll need some additional information about your monitor so I can make an accurate recommendation, what is the specific model # of 49" Samsung monitor?

Thanks for contacting us and giving us a chance to help!

Brian
Product Owner
Plugable Support

Brian, thank you very much for your reply and help.

The model is C49RG90SS

Hello, Oscar!
Thank you for getting back to me!

I would recommend the Plugable UD-ULTC4K. It connects to the USB-C port of your laptop and will charge it up to 100W of power.

It has three HDMI and three DisplayPort connectors. HDMI and DisplayPort connector #1 uses USB Alt-Mode video and supports HDCP along with a maximum resolution of 4K @ 60 Hz. This port draws from the laptop’s GPU for graphics.

Ports #2 and #3 use DisplayLink and have a max resolution of 4K (3840x2160) @ 60 Hz.

This docking station has a gigabit ethernet jack, four USB 3.0 ports, two 3.5mm audio ports for wired headphones and a microphone, a USB-C port to charge your smartphone, and a card reader.

Resolutions higher than 3840x2160 are not officially supported. With that said, some of our customers have reported success using 5120x1440 resolution.

There are a few important limitations of DisplayLink technology. DisplayLink uses a proprietary compressed video stream that is partially generated by both your computer’s CPU and GPU and is a “virtual” video adapter. Because the video is compressed and packetized as data, then reassembled by the DisplayLink chip, the pacing of new frames of video can be inconsistent, particularly if large portions of the content being sent through DisplayLink are changing (such as with video playback). In addition, the refresh rate is capped at 60 Hz.

Because of how DisplayLink provides video, video outputs provided by DisplayLink technology should only be used to display content like office applications and web browser windows, not games or video content. HDCP is not supported so streaming services like Netflix, Apple TV+, and Amazon Prime Video may not work. You shouldn’t experience any video lag with apps like Zoom and Google Meet.

I hope this information is helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Brian
Product Owner
Plugable Support

Brian, thank you very much for your kind and complete response.

As you have said, it is not officially suppoerted, so in case it doesn’t work as expected. Can I return it?

Thanks again.

Hello, Oscar!
Yes - you can return the UD-ULTC4K within 30 days of purchase.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions! We’re always here to help.

Brian
Product Owner
Plugable Support

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.