Dock for Samsung Ultra Wide Monitor 49”

Hi, this is a duplicated topic from https://support.plugable.com/t/dock-for-samsung-ultra-wide-monitor-49/23235/7, but it is closed now and I can’t reply.

I am going to buy now the suggested UD-ULTC4K for my C49RG90SS that was the one recommended by @BrianW , but while looking in Amazon I also found ‎TBT4-UDZ that seems to be compatible. Which one is the best for my Ultra Wide monitor 5120x1440 resolution?

Hi, Oscar!
Thank you for getting back to us!

I’ll first need to see if your computer supports Thunderbolt 4; what is the make and model of your computer?

Thank you for reaching out to us again and giving us a chance to help!

Brian
Product Owner
Plugable Support

Sure, it is a DELL INC VOSTRO 13 5310

Hi, Oscar!
Thanks for getting back to me with the info!

Your Dell laptop has two Thunderbolt 4 ports with power delivery and USB Alt-Mode video and the TBT4-UDZ will work!

The TBT4-UDZ supports charging your laptop to 100W. Your Dell has a 65W power adapter so you can use the dock to charge your laptop and you won’t need the laptop’s charging cable.

Thunderbolt docks do not require the installation of software like DisplayLink. The Thunderbolt driver should automatically install when you connect the dock to the Dell.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Brian
Product Owner
Plugable Support

Brian, thank you for your quick and precise answer. So UD-ULTC4K and ‎TBT4-UDZ will both work? In case that this is true, which one is the best? I am looking for the best (or is there any other better option?). It is important to remember that I need to accomplish the 5120x1440 resolution for my Ultra Wide Samsung C49RG90SS monitor.

Hello, Oscar!
Upon conducting a more thorough review of the technical specifications, it appears that your monitor is a high-performance gaming monitor with a resolution of 5120x1440 at a refresh rate of 120 Hz.

I regret to inform you that none of our docks support the 120 Hz refresh rate. The highest resolution you would be able to achieve is 4K (3840 x 2160) at 60 Hz. However, it’s important to note that this may result in a performance bottleneck if you intend to use the dock for gaming or graphics-intensive applications.

Considering the specific requirements of your 5K monitor with a 120 Hz refresh rate, we cannot recommend our docks as suitable options. I apologize for any confusion caused by my previous responses. Please feel free to reach out if you have any further inquiries.

I appreciate your understanding and hope you have a great day!

Brian
Product Owner
Plugable Support

Brian, again thank you for your response. Indeed is a gaming monitor, but I use it for work and never for gaming or intense graphics. I use MS Office most of the time. The most intensive application are Zoom and Teams!!

It has the option to configure the refresh rate and it is set to 60 Hz. Do you think any of those will work? I do need 5120x1440, that is a deal breaker, but I don’t need 120 Hz… 60 Hz is more than enough.

I tried to attach a picture of the setting, but I didnt find the option but ya can see the picture in this LINK

Hi, Oscar!
Unfortunately, the 5K 5120x1440 resolution is not achievable on our docking stations. The TBT4-UDZ dock can support a maximum resolution of 4096x2160 at 60Hz, while the UD-ULTC4K dock can handle resolutions of up to 3840x2160 at 60Hz.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with anything else, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I’m here to help!

Brian
Product Owner
Plugable Support

Thanks for everything. Are you planning to have one in the near future? Or do you know a brand that does support it right now?

Hi, Oscar!

We have a product that should address your needs and enable you to achieve 5K @ 60 Hz on your Samsung G9 monitor. It’s called the Plugable USB4-HUB3A, a Thunderbolt dock designed to provide the necessary connectivity for your setup.

The USB4-HUB3A supports up to 8K @ 30 Hz, which makes it compatible with your desired 5K resolution at 60 Hz. You can connect the dock to one of the Thunderbolt ports on your laptop, and it includes a USB-C to HDMI adapter cable that allows you to connect your monitor to the hub.

Please note that the USB4-HUB3A is not a full docking station solution, as it only features one USB 3.0 port. However, you have the option to connect a USB 3 hub, such as the USB3-HUB4R, to expand your connectivity and accommodate additional USB 3.0 devices like a mouse and keyboard.

I hope this product meets your requirements, and if you have any further questions or need assistance, please feel free to ask!

Thank you for your interest in our products, and we look forward to providing you with a satisfactory solution.

Brian
Product Owner
Plugable Support

Brian, thank you. Let me try that one and I let you know. Thank you again.

Brian, hi, I have good news… I bought this dock just to test regardless of your prior notes and it DOES support my monitor…

https://www.amazon.com.mx/dp/B0BQJWKBMF

Hello, Oscar!
Thank you for choosing our TBT4-UDZ docking station! We appreciate your business and are committed to providing excellent customer support. If you have any questions or encounter any technical issues with your docking station, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’re here to assist you and ensure your satisfaction.

Thank you once again for your purchase, and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Best regards,
Brian

Brian
Product Owner
Plugable Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.