I’m using a USB-C 4K docking station with an HP Spectre X360 13T. Everything works fine except the two displayport ports. HDMI to my Acer Predator X34 monitor works great but when using displayport, no second monitor is detected. I’ve tried a second, known good cable. Just installed the latest driver from the Plugable website with no change. Suggestions?
Hello, thanks for posting!
Just to clarify, were you using the same Acer Predator X34 monitor when testing the DisplayPort ports? Also, the DisplayPort input was selected using the monitor menu?
Assuming that is the case, we’ll want to run the DisplayLink cleaner steps to make sure that the software used by our dock is in a good state. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 8.4 M0 DisplayLink software, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation
My wife took the whole setup back home and I’m traveling, so I’ll report back in the next couple of days after I talk her through it.
Hi Conrad, thanks for the reply and understood. Look forward to hearing the results!
Finally got this done and the results were positive. One interesting item of note. I plugged into the bottom DP port on the docking station at first and only had a black screen. Plugged into the top port and it worked. Plugged back into the bottom port and that, too, worked. Anyway, it’s working great now, thanks!
Hi Conrad, thanks for the update and great to hear!