UD-ULTCDL does not detect second display

I bought the UD-ULTCDL in February of 2020. I have it connected to 2 identical Dell U2415 monitors. Both monitors are connected to the docking station with HDMI cables. The set-up worked flawlessly until this week. Now the docking station doesn’t see the second monitor. I did what Mitchell suggested in this posted pasted below.

https://support.plugable.com/t/stopped-recognizing-external-monitor/18873

Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for posting!

To clarify, could you specify which HDMI port on the dock that the non-working monitor is connected to? For example, is it the “HDMI 2K” or “HDMI 4K” port?

Given that you’ve already performed our standard driver re-installation process, at this point, I’d like to request some system logs from your computer to best investigate further.

Please keep both HDMI monitors connected to the computer (with one not working), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool and follow the instructions there.

Please send the ZIP file created to us directly at support@plugable.com and include “Ticket #325113” in the subject line. That’ll help match up the details from this public forum post to the email.

Thanks for giving us the chance to help!

Mitchell

Bob reached out to us directly and through the provided log files, we noticed that one of the monitors were being set to “disconnected” by Windows.

By enabling this monitor via the instructions below, the monitor is working as expected:

1. Close or minimize any open windows
  2. Right-click on the desktop and select Display settings from the drop down menu
  3. Under Select and rearrange displays, select the “greyed out” display from the diagram that you are having issues with a single left-click on the icon. You can click “Identify” to help you understand which monitor corresponds to which number label
  4. Scroll down to the bottom and select Extend these displays from the drop down under Multiple displays

I’ll be closing this thread, but please feel free to open a new topic or reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com.

Thank you!

Mitchell