UC-CAM with M1 MacBook Air -- only power

I’ve got a UD-CAM that I tried with my M1 MacBook Air for the first time. It saw power, but that was it. No keyboard, no HDMI out. (That was all that was plugged in.)

This post suggests that it should have worked, I believe. It is a 3840x2160 monitor, if that matters.

Anything I’m missing?

macOS 12.4

Hi Ruffin,

Thanks for reaching out to Plugable support! I’d be happy to help with that.

The UD-CAM should work just fine with the Mac M1 laptop however, there are a few things that we could verify in order to make sure that everything is set properly.

The first thing we’ll want to verify is that the UD-CAM docking station is connected to the Mac using the USB-C cable that came with the docking station.

You would also be helpful to verify what type of connection you’re using to connect that display to the UD-CAM.

If possible, please send a set of log files from your system, collected with the device connected. We have a tool that automates this process, which can be downloaded from: plugable.com/plugdebug

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the chance to help!

Richard A
Plugable Technologies
https://plugable.com/support

Easy answers:

• I am using the cable that came with the dock.
  • It’s via the UD-CAM’s HDMI port.
  • Reminder: It doesn’t look like USB-A is working either for my keyboard

I’ll take a look at the log tool. Seems like that sent the kitchen sink the last time I used it, so it might be a little bit before I get those results.

Thanks.

Hi Ruffin,

Thanks for the update.

Thank you as well for the detail you provided and the testing you have performed that is much appreciated.

When you do have a moment to run the plug debug application, please send the log files to us directly via support@plugable.com with ‘For Ticket 391380’ in the subject line. This will allow us match things up and examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Please also include your Amazon Order ID number for the docking station purchase in your direct email. Please do not post the Order ID or the PlugDebug file in our public forum.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Richard A
Plugable Technologies
https://plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.