I’m unable to get audio and video out from my Plugable TBT3-UDC1 dock when connecting my Dell Inspiron 5593 personal laptop via USB-C. This laptop model series is listed on the Plugable website as being supported by the TBT3-UDC1. All dock functions work perfectly when I connect my Lenovo ThinkPad T590 work laptop via Thunderbolt 3.
- Windows 10 Home (for the Dell Inspiron 5593)
- Original USB-C/TBT3 cable that came with the dock
- 2 Dell S2721D monitors connected via DisplayPort 1.2 cables
- Audio out via the 3.5mm port to Logitech speakers
Troubleshooting steps I’ve tried:
- Installation of DisplayLink Windows Driver Version 9.4 M0 from the Plugable website
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the DisplayLink driver the following the steps outlined here:
- Disconnecting the dock, uninstalling the DisplayLink driver using DisplayLink Installation Cleaner (9.1.1462), rebooting, and then installing the DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows (10.0 M0) from the DisplayLink website.
- Disconnecting the dock, uninstalling the DisplayLink driver using DisplayLink Installation Cleaner (9.1.1462), rebooting, and then reconnecting the dock to see if Windows would automatically install the correct driver.