NIX Capture Card not displaying video on Streamlabs OBS

I have a Nix Capture card that I am connecting to a windows computer with the USB-A adapter. I know the card is working because the out HDMI cord is projecting my Xbox one game to the TV. However, I am trying to get the game image to show up in StreamLabs OBS. I followed the guide online, and I get the game audio, but all that I get is a black screen for the video.

Please help me get the video of my game to show in StreamLabs OBS.

Hello Joe,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you. Also apologies for our delayed reply over the weekend.

Since you’re only getting a black screen there’s a couple things we want to check. Thanks in advance for confirming that the pass-through works.

The first thing I want to do is to just make sure your setup in OBS is setup as such:

1. With the device already connected, open OBS on the PC you are planning on streaming from.

2. Once OBS is open, look for the “Sources” frame in the bottom left of OBS.

3. Click the “+” label at the bottom left of the frame, and select “Video Capture Device”

4. Once “Video Capture Device” is selected, a separate frame will show:

Input any name you desire, and click “OK”.

5. Another frame will appear, this shows the individual characteristics of the Nix Capture Card. You should now also see an image (if you have already inserted an HDMI cable from the device you are attempting to capture (Xbox One, PS4, PC etc) if not, the screen should still be black. Please configure the capture card with these settings:

Once these settings are correctly set, click “OK”. (The Device should read as “FHD Capture”). You should now be properly capturing the video from your connected source device via the Plugable Performance NIX HDMI Capture Card!

If you’ve confirmed these settings all look correct and you’re still getting a black screen, then I recommend the following:

-Turn the Xbox off and disconnect the HDMI input from the capture card.
-Deactivate the video source in OBS.
-Turn the Xbox one on, then reconnect the HDMI cable, then reactivate the source in OBS.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer
Plugable Technologies

http://plugable.com | http://performance.plugable.com/

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.