Mouse lag

Good morning,

Been having lag issues with my mouse using 2 external displays…at this point I need to deal with it because it’s starting to drive me crazy. Can you help me through this issue?

Hi Erik,

Thanks for posting – sorry to hear about the frustrations here.

To clarify, are you using a wireless mouse? As stated in previous topics:

We may be dealing with a RF interference issue with the USB receiver for your wireless mouse. We have a blog post that speaks to this in more detail if you are interested (https://plugable.com/2017/03/17/troubleshooting-wi-fi-performance-and-wireless-keyboard-mouse-issues-on-usb-docking-stations/).

In summary, this can often be remedied by removing the USB wireless receiver from the front USB 3.0 port and placing the receiver in one of the top-most USB 2.0 ports on the back of the dock. Does this help with the mouse issues?

Please let me know if this helps or if you are using a wired mouse.

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

Hey Mitchell,

I am using a wireless mouse…and initially had it plugged into a usb on my laptop that is runing the docking station. I did read some previous posts and tried to plug it into one of the top most usb 2.0 ports on the back of the dock. That did nothing. I then hooked up a wired mouse into one of top most usb ports and still had the issue. I just read your response and moved the wireless to one of the available front 3.0 ports and it may be a little better than it was previously, but it is still happening.

Hi Erik,

Thanks for clearing up those details for me.

I’d like to look into the specifics of your system by requesting some log files. We have a diagnostic utility that helps us understand more about what could be going on in situations such as these. Please keep the UD-3900 dock connected to your computer (with the peripherals still attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool (https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) and follow the instructions there.

The PlugDebug utility will create a ZIP file on your Desktop, which contains the system logs and information. Could you please send that file to us directly at support@plugable.com with the subject line: “Ticket #259397” ?

Thanks for your patience while we work to help!

Mitchell