Keyboard lag and stutter

Hi there,

I have a Dell G7 laptop, UD-3900 docking station. With the USB keyboard connected to the docking station, I have a pretty frequent issue with the keyboard lagging out for a few seconds and then repeating the last letter I typed four or five times. Plugging the USB keyboard into the laptop directly resolves the issue. I’m using the latest DisplayLink drivers (installed last week) and it’s a new keyboard.

I saw a thread from May, https://support.plugable.com/t/sporadic-keyboard-lag-repeating-characters-with-ud-6950/12012, with the same issue. The link to a driver/patch from Dell in there is not working.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue, but I would be more than happy to assist!

Is the keyboard you are utilizing a wired keyboard, or does it utilize a wireless dongle (such as a Logitech Unifying receiver) in order to connect to the dock?

Also, when you have a moment, could you please visit www.plugable.com/support/plugdebug and follow the instructions for downloading and running our PlugDebug application. Once the application completes, a .zip file should appear on your desktop. Please attach this file to a direct email, and send it to support@plugable.com. Please include “Ticket no. 237060” in the subject line, so that we can keep all of your information in the same place.

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to Dave to obtain some additional information on the problem that they were experiencing, but we were not able to receive a response back.

If Dave would like to continue troubleshooting the issue, or anyone else is running into the same issue, please feel free to reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com.

Thank you,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.