HP LP3065 will only go to 1200 x 800 resolution!

Heyo I need someone to help me get my laptop to connect to a monitor.
I’m currently using one DVI-D Single Link to HDMI cable to connect; the laptop connects to the monitor but is capped at half resolution: 1280x800 @ 60Hz. The monitor itself supports 2560x1600 and I would like to use it at its native resolution.

I have the following:

Intel 620 video card (Asus Q504 Laptop)
• HDMI 1.4 port
• Native: 1920x1200 @ 60Hz

HP LP3065 Monitor
• 3 dual-link DVI-D inputs
• Native: 2560x1600 @ 60Hz

I’ve done some reading and it appears that Single Link DVI-D to HDMI caps at 1920 × 1200, 60. Would buying a Dual Link DVI-D to HDMI solve my problem (caps at 2560×1600, 60)? I’ve also seen some other people use one Dual Link DVI-D (2 Female) and an active adapter (not really sure what those are tbh), but that was for DisplayPort from the source. If anyone knows if it’s possible to connect my laptop to this monitor please let me know how I would do so. Thank you! :slight_smile:

There has been a similar topic posted here almost a decade ago (https://support.plugable.com/t/hp-lp3065-will-only-go-to-1200-x-800-resolution/3582); I was wondering if new adapters would make this possible.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry we do not have an adapter that is capable of supporting a Dual-Link DVI-D display like the HP LP3065.

As you have already found out, most DVI-D monitors above 1920x1200 will require Dual-Link DVI-D for the full resolution, a Single-Link DVI-D connection will half the resolution in both the horizontal and vertical directions.

HDMI uses the same display signaling technology as Single-Link DVI-D but a HDMI to DVI-D cable will only be capable of supporting Single-Link DVI-D. DisplayPort uses a different signaling type and DisplayPort to DVI-D active adapters have to convert the signal to the DVI/HDMI compatible signal. Due to the relative scarcity of Dual-Link DVI-D dislays, and the port being almost fully replaced by either DisplayPort or HDMI there few adapter chipset capable of converting from DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI-D, however there are some examples on Amazon ( https://www.amazon.com/s?k=displyaport+to+dual-link+dvi+adapter ) using the search term “Displayport to dual-link dvi adapter”. We do not make any of these adapters, nor have we tested these to verify if they work with this display.

I am sorry we don’t have a solution to connect this display to a modern system with HDMI or DisplayPort output.

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Okay thank you Pat for the thorough response! :grin:

Hello Ethan,

You’re welcome, I am going to go ahead and close this thread. Please feel free to start a new thread, or contact our support team directly via email at ‘support@plugable.com’ if you have any additional questions, I am happy to help!

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com