Everything including displays stop UD-6950z with 2 Displays plugged into Dell Inspiron 2n1

I purchased this device to be able to quickly switch all my peripherals from my work laptop (HP Elitebook) to my personal laptop (Dell Inspiron 7306 2n1).
Everything works fine with the HP. But I cannot get the hub to work with my Dell for more than 60 seconds at a time.
I’m using my laptop display + 2 displays with DP cables (3 total displays including laptop)
microphone (wired)
camera (wired)
mouse (bluetooth)
keyboard (wired)

I have tried every thing recommended in https://support.plugable.com/t/displays-stopped-working-properly/20400
It will set up and work ok briefly. then I lose all peripherals and external monitors - the system makes the “doink” sound. It will stay like that for a minute, hesitate and then switch everything on like before.
It does not say set more than about a minute at a time.
Again, everything works PERFECTLY when connected to the HP. The Dell is just unbearable.
I’ve managed to get it working for a little using a HDMI cable for the 2nd external monitor. But when I unplugged, switched over to the HP (where it again worked perfectly) and then switched back to the Dell it did the SAME THING
Unplugged the 2nd monitor - and SAME THING even with just the one monitor plugged in.
So I disconnected from the computer, disconnected the power & rebooted the hub. Powered it up and plugged back in to the Dell (with just one external) monitor SAME THING

I’m about ready to send the %^&( thing back!

UPDATE

1. swapped out the Lenovo Think vision for a Westinghouse TV with a HDMI cable (2nd monitor still with the DP cable) and got the SAME THING

2, Connected the Westinghouse DIRECTLY to the PC
2nd monitor still with the DP cable - SAME THING - PLUS the keyboard acted like it had stuck keys AND there was a lag.

1. Disconnected 2nd montitor completely but still had mouse and keyboard connected directly - SAME THING WITH THE KEYBOARD LAG

2. Chucked the NOT"Plugable, pulled out my old Amazon Basics USB hub for the periperpherals and am using the Westinghouse plugged directly into the laptop and it works fine.

3. Tried #4 with the 2nd monitor and it works fine, too.

Hi Frances,

Thank you for posting, and I am sorry to hear things are not working as expected while using your Plugable UD-6950Z docking station with your Dell laptop.

I can see that you have also reached out to us with the same report via our direct support email address support@plugable.com and I have just sent you my direct reply.

Moving forward, please only reply to our direct email in order to help us keep all communication in one place.

Apologies again for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.