I am using two UGA-165 for my Windows 7 / 8.1 laptop.
When I unplug the UGA-165 from my laptop, the next time I turn on the laptop, it can’t detect the monitors connected.
The workaround is to uninstall the driver using the cleaning tool, and reinstall the driver. Then reboot the laptop. This is a bit of a hassle everyday for me.
Is there a fix for this, or I am not doing something right?
Thanks for the help.
Sorry for the frustration. Reinstalling the DisplayLink driver is not necessary for functionality. Sounds like we have another underlying problem. It is best to handle this case in private since the forum does not allow for attachments.
First off, please try the following procedure:
- Disconnect display adapter from the computer
- Uninstall DisplayLink Core software from Control Panel -> Programs. Do not worry if this fails, just move onto the next step.
- Download and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool -> http://displaylink.com/support/sla.ph…
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (do not close the window until you see the message “Cleaning complete. Press ENTER to end.”)
- Now download and run the latest DisplayLink software from our downloads page -> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/…
- Reconnect the display adapter to the computer and test (wait for it to be enumerated and then select the button combination Windows key + P if it does not extend the desktop).
Please let us know if this yields any results and if you see the green LED light up on the display adapter. If we end up with the same symptoms, we would need to take a closer look via PlugDebug. It allows us to get a better idea of which driver versions are on the system, as well as diagnostic and installation logs, while minimizing the amount of questions we send your way when we are looking into an issue.
Please head over to -> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug. There you will find a download link as well as instructions. Please be sure to have the display adapter plugged into the computer with its monitor attached when running this tool and attach the resulting zip file in the reply to this email. Once we have the .zip file it generates, we will get a better idea of how to best proceed.
I have do this cleaning / reinstalling of the driver everyday when I turn on the laptop. My laptop is an Asus Zenbook running Intel M / Win 8.1. Please let me when a fix is available. Thanks much.