Does not work with HP Spectre x360 15t-eb100

Can not get TBT3-UDZ to work with HP Spectre x360 15t-eb100.

Thunderbolt control center shows it is connected, and it is providing power to the laptop, however external displays are not recognized.

Last related post I can find on this forum is from over a year ago. any help would be appreciated.

Request #388026

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

Thanks for sending those diagnostics, I have received them and also have sent the below reply directly to your email as well:

Looking at the diagnostics I can confirm I also do not see any displays being detected. Thank you for having confirmed that the dock is showing as connected in the Thunderbolt Control Center.

I would like to make two recommendations to begin:

1. Let’s update the Intel graphics drivers to the latest version: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/741527/gfx_win_101.3413_101.2111.exe (31.0.101.3413 vs 30.0.100.9864 installed now) (please reboot afterwards even if not prompted to)
  2. Let’s also update the firmware for the dock itself, we have a new firmware that is designed to enhance compatibility with some newer monitors and host systems. To do so please see below:
  1. Please download and then extract the contents of the following .zip file “EHDDPZ_SecondSource_MST-Hub_Tool_20220225.zip” to a folder from here: https://media.plugable.com/downloads/drivers/products/tbt3-udz/ehddpz_secondsource_mst-hub_tool_20220225.zip

2. Within the extracted contents of the zip file you’ll see a file called “ReadVersion.bat”.

Run this and you’ll see it will check the currently installed firmware version (which should be “FWVersion a” and “FWSubVersion 1”):

1. Close that window and then run the file called “Update_Latest_v00Bp0.bat”.

This will update the firmware to “FWVersion b” and “FWSubVersion 0”:

We can check to verify this by running the “ReadVersion.bat” again:

1. If it appears to have updated successfully, disconnect power from the dock and reconnect it after about 10 seconds.

2. Now retest the dock to see if the behavior has improved.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.