What is the latest firmware version for TBT3-UDZ?

Hello Team,

What is the latest firmware version currenly available to flash to my unit? I I got it with FWVersion 8 and FWSubVersion 5 then updated it to FWVersion a and FWSubVersion 1.
I faced some issues with connecting it to Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen 6 (it has thunderbot 4 ports) with my displayports monitors. I even tried the hdmi ports for both monitors and it is not consistancy working! sometime it works and sometime not.

I can across post here in the for this vesion ehddpz_secondsource_mst-hub_tool_20220225.zip AT https://support.plugable.com/t/does-not-work-with-hp-spectre-x360-15t-eb100/22451/2 which for some reason it failed to install on my unit. it even failed to readversion

what is the latest version that I should upgrade to?

Thanks.

BTW this is my current version from

EHDDPZ_Plugable_TBT3-UDZ_Update_20210716

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

Please see our KB article here: https://kb.plugable.com/question/1475318 for how to identify which firmware version your dock needs.

Note: There are two hardware revisions of the dock, based on the firmware updater that failed to install or even recognize your dock I suspect you have the Genesys version which is incompatible with the firmware version (VIA) that you were attempting to update to. I believe if you follow the steps in the article above you should be able to successfully update your dock to the latest version!

If you still are unable to update your dock please let me know and I will be happy to assist further.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

Hello Joshua,

Thank you for the clear answer. It turns out the my hw revision id was VID_05e3 and I used TBT3-UDZ firmware update procedure (Genesys Logic USB hub models).pdf to update mine to the latest

Thank you.

1 Like

You’re most welcome for the help and I’m glad to see that your dock is now running the latest version!

If you run into any further issues please let me know, always happy to help.

Best wishes,
Josh

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.