Zoom/Video Chats Freeze or Slow Down

I have a Macbook Pro Apple M1 2020 using the dock. with two external monitors. When using, I notice slow down with mouse and keyboard and when on zoom or slack chat video lags and freezes. I sometimes have to disconnect the dock and go to my main laptop screen in order to resume the call. any suggestions.

Hi Sandro,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I’m sorry the UD-ULTCDL isn’t working as expected, and I’ll be happy to assist.

Based on your description of the behaviour, the first step we’ll want to take is to perform a clean reinstallation of the DisplayLink Manager software. This involves removing the existing software and reinstalling the currently recommended version. It will also reset the dock’s internal USB hubs which can help resolve issues when one or more functions of the dock aren’t quite working.

Please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step
  2. Download and run the DisplayLink End-User Cleaner Tool for macOS from Synaptics DisplayLink here (https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/2012213-end-user-cleaner-tool-for-macos), please follow the instructions on this page to ensure all of the DisplayLink software and settings are removed. Please also ensure you select “Reset Screen Layout” while running the tool.
  3. When completed please restart the computer
  4. Download the latest DisplayLink Manager (https://plugable.s3.amazonaws.com/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Manager+Graphics+Connectivity1.9-EXE.pkg)
  5. Follow our step-by-step installation and configuration guide here for installing and configuring the DisplayLink software:

Please let us know how this works out, and feel free to ask if you have any questions

Apologies for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Sam
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.