XP needs drivers for usb hubs. Where can I download them from?

After plugging any of usb 2.0 10ports/7ports hub ( I purchased both), device manager says:
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.
Details: USB\VID_1A40&PID_0201\5&221832C9&0&2
System does not see plug&play usb hub, whether I connect any usb device to it or no.
My computer is old, but nevertheless, what should/can I do:
System Model A7N8X2.0
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~1244 Mhz
Total Physical Memory 3,072.00 MB
Thank You
naxaba1@gmail.com

Hi naxaba1,

Thanks for posting here! Standard USB 2.0 Hub does not need any third party drivers as the hub drivers are integrated in the operating system.

At a high level, this hub is matched to the proper drivers in \windows\inf\usb.inf and the main driver loaded to control the hub is \windows\system32\drivers\usbhub.sys.Both of these are Microsoft-provided system files.

The first thing to check when Windows is showing an error saying that the drivers are missing is whether these two files are present. If these files are present, then do check that the dates are not older than 2008.

The easiest way to fix the issue is to copy these files from another system running Windows XP to the right directory in this system. If that does not fix the issue, then it would be best to reinstall Windows.

Here is a link to another post with the same issue: http://support.plugable.com/plugable/…

In both cases given on the thread, copying the usb.inf file to c:\windows\inf\ fixed the issue.

Once you post back and let us know if the above said files are present or not, we’ll figure out the next steps.

Regards,
Roze