Working with a HD Monitor

I have an LG HD monitor, will this work with the universal docking station?

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting your question here! The graphics port on the Plugable Docking Station UD-160-A can support resolutions up to 1920 x 1080.

If your monitor has a native resolution of 1920 x 1080 or lower, the display can be set to the native resolution when it is connected through the Plugable Docking Station UD-160-A

If you could you post back with the exact model or let us know the native resolution of the monitor we will be able to let you know if the resolution is supported by the Plugable Docking Station UD-160-A or not?

Regards,
Roze

Roze,
Thanks you for the quick response. It is a LG E2442V, 1920X1080 @ 60Hz

Would I need to use an HDMI connection for the sharpest resolution? ( I am not a hardware person)
Thanks
Steve

Steve,

With a native resolution of 1920 x 1080, you should see no issues at all using the LG E2442V with our Plugable Docking Station UD-160-A .

The Plugable Docking Station UD-160-A supports DVI and VGA but not HDMI. The image quality through DVI for the native resolution of the monitor would be the same as that of HDMI. If you are interested here is a link to a post that talks about the topic:
HDMI vs DVI – Is there a Difference?

Please note that the Plugable Docking Station UD-160-A is a USB 2.0 device. USB virtual graphics works well for office applications and web browsing, but we recommend playing video intensive applications like motion video and 3D games on the computer’s main screen to avoid performance lags caused by USB 2.0 bandwidth limitations.

Hope the above information helps! If you need any additional information, please do feel free to post back here or shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze