Work Laptop not allowed to install driver

Hi,

I have just bought the UGA-HDMI-2S for me to connect my work laptop to my home monitors.
It seems I need to install a driver to be able to connect my work laptop to the monitor. However, I have asked my System Administrator if I could install the driver but it is not allowed due to security reasons. Can I check if there is a work around where I would not need to install the drivers?

Hello,

Welcome to the Plugable forums! In order for our UGA-HDMI-2S to function the Silicon Motion software does need to be installed is to enable the video adapter to use image and video processing to enable the ability to use additional displays through USB.

Could you share with us the model name of your computer and the monitors you have? Perhaps there may be a different product of ours or solution that could work out for you that I can recommend to get more displays.

Also, feel free to respond to this by contacting us via email and I’ll leave a link to our support page request in this email. When emailing us if you could please reference ticket 413576.

https://plugable.com/pages/support

Thanks,

Alberto
Product Owner
Plugable Support

Hi,

I am using a HP Elitebook x360 as a host and the 4 monitors are HP EliteDisplay E222. I am currently using UGA-HDMI-2S and USB3-HUB7C as my docking station.

Hello,

It appears that there are a few different HP model names that share the HP Elitebook x360 sku, do you have the full model name to share? This will help me specifically identify the specs of your laptop.

To ask another question does your HP Elitebook x360 have Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3 or any USB-C ports that support ‘DisplayPort Alt-mode’?

Thanks,

Alberto
Product Owner
Plugable Support

Hi, I hope this is the right model number
XU100430-20042
Product ID: 489G2EC#AB4.

My USB-C port supports DisplayPort-Alt-Mode

Hello,

As long as your USB-C DisplayPort-Alt-Mode supports DP 1.4 over USB-C, it can support up to 2x 4K60Hz displays through Multi-Stream Transport (MST) to achieve dual 4K 60Hz. Our USBC-11in1e would be a good product to add two more displays to your setup.

https://plugable.com/products/usbc-11in1e

This would not require any software to install. I hope this information helps and let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks,

Alberto
Product Owner
Plugable Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.