Work laptop (Dell) not connecting to second 4K monitor

Hello
My wonderful Plugable UD-ULTC4K connects perfectly to three monitors using HDMI with my Mac.

I started a new job and the laptop is a Dell Latitude 5440. It will only connect to one monitor (I am happy to use just two). I have tried to use HDMI with one monitor and DP with the second but that doesn’t work either.

I have download and installed the latest version of DisplayLink software for Windows.

I have also downloaded the PlugDebug (with the help of the service desk because I don’t have admin rights) and have the file.

I will email to you.

In the meantime, if you have any suggestions I’d be grateful.

Thank you.
Mel

Hi Mel,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry the UD-ULTC4K isn’t working as expected with your Windows computer, but it’s good to know that it is working on the MacBook.

We did receive your email with the log files found that the DisplayLink driver being used for the dock is quite a bit older than what’s currently recommended, so the first step we’d want to take is to perform a clean reinstallation to update this driver. Here are the steps to do this:

1. Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step
  2. Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel > Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
  3. Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool (https://plugable.s3.amazonaws.com/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Installation+Cleaner11.2.1383.0-EXE.exe)
  4. Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot your computer (even if not prompted to)
  5. Download and install the DisplayLink software (https://plugable.s3.amazonaws.com/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows11.3+M0-EXE.exe)
  6. Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect the dock to your system​​

Note that these steps would require admin privileges, so your service desk team may need to assist with completing them.

Please let us know how these steps work out when you have a chance to try them, and feel free to ask if you have any questions. In case the problem does persist please reply to the open email thread and we can continue troubleshooting.

My apologies for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Sam
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.