Work Laptop - Can't install Drivers - Is there a way for it to work without drivers installed on laptop?

Hello, I bought the UD-3900 and I wanted to connect it from my work laptop to my home computer/monitor. I can’t install drivers on my work laptop. Is there a way that I can make this work just by installing the drivers on my home computer and connecting my work laptop to the docking station? Thanks.

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for contacting us, I am sorry but in order for the docking station to function correctly the drivers must be installed on the current host computer. To expand on this, the work computer requires the drivers to operate the external monitors, audio ports, and network port on the docking station. Installing the drivers on the home PC will not affect the docking station when it is connected to the work laptop.

I highly recommend contacting your system administrator, they may be willing to install the necessary drivers. The drivers are also available from Windows Update and may be installed automatically on supported Windows 10 systems, if allowed by your IT policy.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Lisa,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks!