Won't recognize bluetooth headphones

Hello. I can not get my Dell XP702 laptop to recognize my Dell Bluetooth BH200 headphones via the USB 2.0/1.1 to Bluetooth 4.0 adapter. My Galaxy S3 phone has no problem recognizing this same pair of headphones. I have tried all the troubleshooting procedures. I have loaded, & reloaded the WIDCOM driver. No luck. Help!

Hi Micheal,

Thank you for posting about your Bluetooth adapter. I apologize for the difficulties paring your headset.

Generally, the first thing to do in a situation like this is to make sure Bluetooth is temporarily turned off on your phone when you try to connect to the computer. Otherwise, the headphones will automatically reconnect to your phone. If you have done this, or it doesn’t help, there may be another issue involved.

Fortunately, we have a debugging program that will help me figure out what is going wrong. With the adapter plugged in, please go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

It will gather the installation logs and device information, and create a zip file on your desktop named after your computer. Please send that file to us at support@plugable.com and mention ticket number 119812. I will take a look at it and get back to you right away.

Thanks!

David
Plugable Support