I am tired of researching and failing. This unit was one of my last attempts.
Comcast tech was out to the house and measured 1.3Gbps down to modem.
- Link aggregation activated on Arris SB8200 modem
- (2) CAT6 cables connecting both ports on SB8200 to WAN and LAN4 on Asus RT-AX86U router
- WAN aggregation enabled and shows active on landing page of router
- CAT6 cable from 2.5Gbps port on RT-AX86U to Plugable 2.5Gbps Ethernet Adapter
- Plugable 2.5Gbps Ethernet Adapter plugged into USB-C on ASUS Z270E ROG Strix motherboard
- USB-C port is confirmed running at “SuperSpeed” (3.1, 5 Gbps) using Windows USBView
- Windows 11 on PC
- Device Manager and Windows Task Manger returns Plugable/Realtek adapter is active and network connection confirmed at 2.5Gbps speed
Ookla returns 450Mbps download speed: effectively half my known speed. Taking Plugable adapter out of equation, all other arrangements the same, except for plugging directly into built-in 1Gbps ethernet on-board, Ookla returns 850-950Mbps.
Someone, please HELP!!!