Wireshark capture not working through UD3900 ethernet port

Hello,

I am trying to do a Wireshark capture when my laptop is connected to my Plugable UD-3900. When I attempt to start the capture on the Plugable ethernet port, I get a message that the capture session could not be initiated and that it failed to set the hardware filter to promiscuous mode. It prompts to turn off promiscuous mode for this device. I cannot find any settings for the Plugable Ethernet in Device Manager that will allow me to adjust promiscuous mode. Has anyone been able to get a Wireshark packet capture to work through the UD-3900?

The Plugable Ethernet driver installed is version 10.1.2874.0. I am running Windows 11 22H2 (22621.1105) and Wireshark 4.0.4.

Thanks

Hello and thank you for posting!

A quick important note, Plugable does not have the ability to provide support for the Wireshark application, nor can we guarantee its compatibility with the UD-3900 docking station.

With that said, the version of the DisplayLink driver that you presently have installed is not the latest version we recomend for the UD-3900. The version you have installed is version 10.1 M2, and the latest version we currently recommend is version 10.3 M0 → https://plugable.com/pages/displaylink

The DisplayLink driver contains components for the dock’s video outputs, audio devices, and the wired Ethernet network port.

If you have not already done so, I would suggest updating the DisplayLink driver to the latest version we recommend in order to see if the behavior changes.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.