Wireless USB receiver suddenly not detected

Hello.

I am using this Thunderbolt 4 Dock with the Logitech MX Keys S Combo and a MacBook Pro M1. For several months everything worked fine (the only other thing connected to the dock are dual HDMI monitors). Suddenly mid-use the Logitech Bolt receiver stopped being detected in the dock.

Troubleshooting steps I took:

• Checked the Bolt receiver on different devices. It worked both on an HP laptop and on the Mac through an adapter (M&K worked).
  • Tried the Bolt receiver on all USB entrances in the dock. Didn’t work.
  • Checked all the USB entrances in the dock with USB chargers. They worked.
  • Power-cycled the dock as described in this thread. Didn’t work.
  • Checked a different, old Logitech mouse that has a Logitech Unifying receiver. It didn’t work on the dock, but it did work on the Mac through an adapter. I sadly don’t have a third wireless USB device to check, but from this little experimentation it seems that wireless USB devices aren’t being detected.

I never had the monitors suddenly disconnect, and as far as I can tell the power didn’t stop either, so it seems like it’s only the wireless receivers not being detected in the dock (first the Bolt receiver from my M&K, then the Unifying receiver from my old mouse).

Any thoughts?

Hello Eli,

Thank you for reaching out to Plugable Support!

I am sorry to hear that you are running into issues with your TBT4-UD5, but I would be happy to help diagnose the issue here.

Can you confirm whether other USB peripherals are also exhibiting issues here, or is it just wireless receivers? Additionally, are both of the wireless receivers you have from Logitech?

Thank you,

Evan

Plugable Technologies

www.plugable.com/support

Hey Evan,

I forgot I had another, third wireless mouse when writing this post. A Microsoft one. The previous two were Logitech. I tried it now, and same thing – it works when plugged to my Mac via an adapter, but doesn’t work when plugged to the dock. USB chargers in the dock do work. I am not sure I have another wireless peripheral at home to check.

Hello Eli,

Thank you for the response.

Understandable on the fact that this issue is present on a third wireless device. I was mostly curious if this issue occured on a non-wireless USB device that still uses USB data. Do you happen to have any wired mice or keyboards, or perhaps a flash drive that you can try connecting to the dock?

Also, do you happen to have access to any different Thunderbolt 4 hosts that you can try connecting the dock to in order to see if the issue persists on a different host?

Thank you,

Evan

Plugable Technologies

www.plugable.com/support

Just a temp update – I tried the dock on an HP laptop. The dual, extended monitor display worked through the dock, but not the wireless mice (neither the Logitech nor the Microsoft). I’ll probably be able to get my hands on wired mice in the upcoming day or two and I’ll update then.

Hello Eli,

Sounds good, and thank you for the update. Please let us know when you get the chance to try a wired peripheral!

Thank you,

Evan

Plugable Technologies

www.plugable.com/support

Alright, got a wired Dell mouse and the HP laptop.

• Mouse worked on both laptops connected directly to them, while the laptops were plugged into the dock.
  • Mouse didn’t work on either laptop when the mouse was connected to the dock via USB. Well, sort of. I started the tests with the Mac first. When I then moved to the HP laptop, my first wired mouse test was in the dock rather than directly in the laptop. It worked. I disconnected the mouse from the dock, connected directly to the HP, it worked. Disconnected from the HP directly, connected back to the dock, and it didn’t work – and remained non-working afterwards (through the dock) after swapping between the laptops and trying several times. I’ll add that for a brief moment a day or two ago the wireless M&K also worked through the dock, then stopped again after just a few seconds or so (can’t recall if they stopped mid-use, or just didn’t work again when I unplugged and replugged the USB bolt receiver).

Hello Eli,

Thank you for the response and for trying that.

At this point, given that this issue has only come up recently and is present on multiple hosts and on many different peripherals, there is a chance that this is a hardware malfunction with the dock.

Could you reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com with the subject line, “Ticket 435123” and we can move forward with next steps there?

Thank you,

Evan
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Oh whoops, your response didn’t pop up in my email. I’ll do just that now, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.