Wireless USB devices not working when plugged into UD3900.Wireless USB devices not working when plugged into UD3900.

Wireless USB devices not working when plugged into UD3900. They were working yesterday. I have updated drivers, still get USB device not recognized, printer and external storage are working fine, only wireless mouse and keyboard and wireless headphones are failing. These devices work fine when plugged directly into the laptop. Running windows 8.1. These devices were working yesterday when plugged into the UD3900. No updates have been installed

Hi Cathal,

Thanks for posting. I’d be happy to help with your docking station!

Given the behavior you describe and that everything was working properly yesterday, the first thing to check is if the dock simply needs to be reset. Please disconnect both the power and the USB cables from the back of the dock and keep them disconnected for at least 30 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and wait at least 10 seconds and then reconnect the USB cable to see if the devices are now detected correctly.

If that helps, great! If not, if the wireless receiver dongles for both the keyboard/mouse and headphones are plugged into the front USB 3.0 ports of the dock, can you try moving them to the top-most USB 2.0 ports on the back of the dock to see if that changes the behavior?

Let us know if that information helps when you have a moment and we’ll go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hey Bob sorry for the late reply. I somehow got it fixed before without seeing our post.

It happened again and this post help me solve it.

Thanks

Cathal :slight_smile:

Hi Cathal,

Thanks for getting back with the update. I’m glad everything is working properly now.

Please let us know if you need any help in the future!

Bob