Wireless Microsoft Sculpt Mouse/Keyboard Freezes and other random issues

I use the Plugable USB 3.0 Docking station with a plugable USB 3.0 switch to switch between my PC and company laptop. I have Windows 10 on my PC and Windows 7 on the company laptop. With the PC, the wireless Sculpt Mouse will freeze with a few seconds of inactivity. The keyboard will lag, repeat charactersssssssssssss, or freeze randomly. I’m trying to avoid switching the wireless USB dongle from each device when switching between laptop and PC use. Can this be solved? Removing and replacing the USB wireless dongle is a temporary fix, but problem repeats itself in a few minutes.

For what its worth, I also run two monitors, camera, and speakers through the USB docking station. I have not been able to get my wireless head set to work through the USB dock (but that’s not as important at the moment).

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected.

One possible cause of these issues is interference generated from the USB 3.0 devices and ports. To expand on this, USB 3.0 generates broadband interference in the 2.4Ghz ISM band, this is the same radio frequencies used by most wireless devices.

The most simple solution to this is to distance the wireless transceiver from the docking station, and provide line of sight to the wireless mouse and keyboard.

If you already have a USB 2.0 extension cable I recommend connecting the male end to the docking station and the transceiver to the other end of the cable and move it as far from the docking station as possible. You can also try the wireless headset on this cable as well to see if that helps.

If you do not have a USB 2.0 extension cable please send an email to support@plugable.com with subject line "Ticket #217381 - Attention Pat P. " and I can help to get you an extension.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hello Stephen,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Thanks for the help. The USB 2.0 extension cables seem to work. This resolved the keyboard and mouse issue and also helped the wireless headset issue. For what it’s worth, a three foot extension seems to be sufficient.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for the feedback! I am glad a USB 2.0 extension worked out for you, please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions!

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support