Windows XP will not recognize UGA-2K-A

Dell Vostro 200 with Dual Dell ST2420L Monitors, Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 3.

Even after installing the drivers, the computer will not recognize the UGA-2K-A. I’ve been at this an hour and half now and am getting close to returning this device. Can someone help?

Error Message when attempting the Install New Hardware Wizard: “The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)”

Hi Bill,

Thanks for posting! We’re sorry you’re experiencing this problem!

The Dell Vostro is a Pentium Dual Core system, shipped originally with Windows Vista. Some sub-models had Intel GMA 3100 graphics, others had nVidia GeForce 8300GS or 8600GT. Either way, this system should work without any particular problems.

First step, can you download and install the latest drivers, available here? http://displaylink.com/support/downlo… (version 5.5 dated Sept 29th).

Then please let us know if the install displays any particular error dialogs, or succeeds. If the install succeeds, try that adapter again.

Again, thank you and we’ll get this going!
Bernie

Thanks Bernie. I ordered the Vostro with XP since Vista was clearly such a dud. It also has an ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series Video card.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the software twice now. I’m out of “next steps.”

The only message I get is when I try to extend the desktop to the second monitor is that the second monitor is “not active.”

Hi Bill,

If the DisplayLink driver has installed successfully, getting that “The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)” message the USB graphics device is very unusual. The drivers match all DisplayLink-based devices.

We want to get to a solution for you as quickly as possible - if you can email contact info to support@plugable.com we’ll try to reach you on the phone to get this mystery figured out.

Thank you!
Bernie

Thanks, as soon as it reboots, I’ll email you my cell number. Thanks for the quick support!

Hi Bernie,

I’m having the same problem, and I have uninstalled it and got the latest drivers from the webpage but XP says that it doesn’t recognize the USB device. It says that the USB has malfunctioned and doesn’t recognize it all.

Hi Karl - Thanks for contacting us! Quick questions:

* Has this adapter worked in the past, or did it report this error right away?
* Can you say what make/model of laptop you have?
* Do you have a Windows 7 or other machine around to double-check if the adapter works there?

Thanks for your patience!
Bernie