Windows not starting

I just bought a Plugable UGA-2K-A USB 2.0 to VGA/DVI/HDMI Adapter and I’m already having a problem with it. I’m using the adapter to plug in my wacom cintiq to my laptop. If I start my computer with the adapter connected, windows won’t start. If I unplug the usb and try again it will boot up normally. After windows has started I can connect the usb, my screen will flicker but I can see all three screens. If I plug in my cintiq directly into my laptop I don’t have any problems. The only way to use your product is to plug it in after windows has started and my system as re-booted. I’m concerned about the screen flicker and constantly having to plug in and unplug the adapter. I’m concerned that your product will damage my video-card or damage my system. My computer is only a year old. I’m running windows 7 professional 64 bit on a Lenovo Thinkpad W series. I don’t know if I should keep the adapter or try to return it.

Thanks for contacting Plugable. We’re here to help. I’m sorry that your computer is not functioning properly at startup when the Cintiq is connected through the UGA-2K-A adapter. The best thing to do in this case is to run a support tool that will give us information about what’s happening when the Cintiq is connected to the USB adapter. Please follow the instructions at http://plugable.com/support/tools/dis… for using the tool, and then you can send us the files at support@plugable.com via the private ticket you started with us on this case.

It is unlikely that what is going wrong is putting your computer at any risk. But the output files from the tool will help us know what can be done to fix it.

I’ll manage further communication with you through the private ticket–I have some additional questions to ask before you even send the files–but will update this public site with the answer to the problem (once we figure it out) for the benefit of any future customers who encounter similar problems.

Best Regards,

Aaron
Plugable Technologies