"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers (Code 52) " Error for DiaplyLink Diaplay adapter (0360) for 64 bit windows 7

I bought a Sabrent USB-DH88 usb video graphics display adapter, which is using displaylink Display Adapter (0360).
After installed the software, on my windows 7 bits desktop machine. it shows up as
“Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)”

I tried to downgrade/upgrade to different version from displaylink (7.4 M0, 7.2 M0, 6.2 M2, 5.6 M1). it shows up the same result.
I did try the “Ultra USB Graphics Adapter Model#: U12-40889”. it has same (0360 chip set). it shows up the same result as well.
and When I tried on on 32 bit windows 7 laptop, everything is working just fine.

Any suggestion? or should I return the product?

Hi Hao - I’m sorry, I don’t know. We’re not seeing this problem with our adapters (Plugable Brand). But it sounds like a software, not hardware, problem.

I’d try the Sabrent adapter on a different Win 7 64-bit machine to verify.

Hi, Bernie,

Thanks for the reply. After googling for the issue, I tried with the workaround posted on microsoft website as below.
“Boot into Advanced Boot Options and disable driver signing checking.”
it seems solved my issue for now. Although, every time when I reboot the machine, I have to disable “driver signing checking”. it’s kind of annoying.

Hao

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wi…