Windows 7 Pro 64-bit requires digitally signed driver

I just received the USB 3.0 I/O card, model: PCIE-USB3-SP. Installed card into a Dell Studio XPS running Windows 7 Pro x64. Booted the PC and ran "setup.exe from the included mini disk and also rebooted after the installation of the NEC driver. Two windows came up after I logged into Windows 7. The first said the device driver failed to load and then another window stated that “Windows requires a digitally signed driver” It goes on to say that “A recently installed program tried to install an unsigned driver. This version of Windows requires all drivers to have a valid digital signature. The driver is unable and the program that uses this driver might not work correctly…Uninstall the program or device that uses this driver and check publisher’s support website to get a digitally signed driver.” Below all of this states the following: DRIVER: USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver; SERVICE: Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver; PUBLISHER: Renesas Electronics Corporation; LOCATION: C:\Windows\System…\nusb3xhc.sys

I uninstalled the driver and shut down. I swapped PCIe slots with my video card and booted again. Installed the driver once again and received the same error messages. I found that there is a newer driver online so I downloaded it and installed it after removing the original driver, rebooted and received the same error message.

Suggestions?

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your post and sorry for the frustration, what you are experiencing is definitely not normal so we should be able to get you fixed up. Since you’ve already been through a number of troubleshooting steps, I’d like to start fresh and try to return to a state where we can boot without the driver signing error.

To do that, let’s uninstall the card and drivers and start from a fresh boot of the system. Do you still get the warnings?

If so please reply back with some additional detail about your system like the model number of Dell XPS, any other expansion cards installed, and your Amazon Order Id.

If the warnings are gone, download the driver at the following link and install.

http://plugable.com/drivers/renesas/

What happens?

Let me know what you find, and the extra detail about your Amazon Order Id and XPS model and we’ll figure out our next steps.

Thanks,
Jerome.