Windows 7 and Plugable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope

Just bought a Plugable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope and per the instructions I should be able to plug and play in Windows 7. Not happening, suggestions?

Hi Allan,

Thanks for your message! I’m sorry your microscope is not working in Windows 7. I have some beginning tips below to begin troubleshooting with you! If you have not already downloaded our viewing software, you can download it here: https://plugable.com/drivers/microscope/

1. The microscope will not light up until it is being used to preserve the life of the LED and other hardware. It may light up briefly when plugged in, but this varies between operating systems and computers. This is typically a good sign that it is functioning, but not in use.

2. When using the Digital Viewer software, there is a settings cog wheel in the top left. If you click on this, it will open up the settings for the software and whichever device it is set to use. In this panel, there is a “Device” option where you can choose which device you want the software to use. You would want to choose the USB microscope here.

3. Once that is set, you can change resolution settings for the microscope itself along with where you want things saved and other settings.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions by sending a message to support@plugable.com with “Ticket #219930” in the subject line and we’d be happy to help!

Derek Nuzum
Plugable Technologies

Hi Allan,

We’re closing this thread due to lack of activity, but are happy to reopen this case at your convenience.

Please just send a message to support@plugable.com using the instructions above and we’d be happy to help!

Thanks,

Derek Nuzum
Plugable Technologies