Windows 10 version 2004 audio

Before I updated to Windows 10 version 2004, the audio in my Turtle Beach Elite Atlas Aero sounded normal and coming straight into my headset and sounded perfect. But once I updated last night to the windows 10 version 2004, my audio all of the sudden has sounded like the audio isn’t coming into my headset directly but more likely the audio is playing from a speaker then the audio from the speaker is going through my headset into my ears. Any help would be appreciated.

Same problem here! After 2004 install - Bluetooth audio is ‘unusable’. Breaks up like crazy - ultra poor quality. So far have not turned up a fix- but I’ve read 2004 has a ‘bunch of issues’ (Typical Microsoft, I guess).

Hi everyone,

Windows 10 version 2004 does currently have a variety of newly introduced driver issues, and we can help investigate this issue if you are interested.

Please contact us via email at support@plugable.com with a PlugDebug log and your order information if you are willing to investigate this further.

PlugDebug: https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug/

Thanks,
Connor

Thanks for getting back to us. I’m using the Bluetooth 4.0 to connect to an ‘Integrated tube amp’. It actually connects and plays - but sound quality went down the drain. What it sounds like is the the amp is receiving a ‘higher sample rate’ than it is capable of playing. I cannot change this in sound ‘properties’ anymore (it is grayed out). Definitely a problem Microsoft has to correct with new driver. Previously - everything played perfectly. If you have a Microsoft contact- you can relay this problem to them for maybe a better response than if I did it.
Thanks!

Hello,

We have heard a few reports of varying issues with Windows 10 and Bluetooth when using the 2004 update.

We’ll try to provide feedback to Microsoft, but it is also worthwhile to use the ‘Feedback Hub’ app in Windows 10, and report a problem.

Thanks!

I left MS ‘feedback’ this morning. Will post if I get any response.
Thanks!

I see Microsoft is resuming ‘non-security’ related updates. Maybe Windows 10 2004 issues will start to get resolved!
" Resuming optional Windows 10 and Windows Server non-security monthly updates

In March, we announced that we would pause optional non-security update releases (also referred to as “C” and “D” releases) for all supported versions of Windows client and Windows Server to give organizations time to focus on business continuity in the face of the global pandemic. Based on feedback and the ongoing stabilization of business continuity, we will resume optional releases in July of 2020 for Windows 10 and Windows Server, version 1809 and later, to once again provide you with the ability to test planned non-security fixes targeted for the next month’s Update Tuesday (or “B”) release. We are also instituting a few changes to simplify the update process and help you continue to stay current with Windows 10 and Windows Server.

First, in response to feedback, these validated, production-quality optional releases will be now called “Preview” releases for clarity, and will be offered only for Windows 10 and Windows Server, version 1809 and later. You will see the naming change reflected in the release title as shown in the example on the Windows Update page."

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.