Windows 10 USB 2.0 Ethernet Adapter Yoga2

Lenovo Yoga2 w/ Win10

When I plug in my USB 2.0 Ethernet adapter a pop up displays that “USB device not recognized” under that it says “the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.”

I’ve tried manually installing drivers and uninstalling/reinstalling. Removing device in device manager, restarting and plugging it back in. No luck.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I work in IT and need a hard wired connection at times.

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for posting the question here.

Plugable sells three different types of USB 2.0 Ethernet adapters with two different chipset, ASIX AX88772 and AX88178. I am not sure which Plugable product you are using, but regarding to the device driver for them on Windows 10, we have a blog post. If you haven’t done so, please refer to it.

http://plugable.com/2015/07/29/instal…

If you couldn’t resolve your issue with the above information, we may need to ask you to send us a debug file to investigate. (the link to the debug tool is in the blog post page.)

Please contact us at support@plugable.com for further discussion so that we could be working closely with your specific problem.

Thanks!
Sachiko
Plugable Support