Hi, I use Plugable UD-3000 since 2014 with Win8 in an HP split X2, but since I upgrade to Win 10 the sound stopped working in the Docking Station (the internal speakers are ok). Event Viewer states DeviceSetupManager Metadata staging failed. I upgraded the DisplayLink driver to 7.9M0, but still not working.
Thanks for posting. I’m sorry the audio output of the dock isn’t working properly with Windows 10. I’d be happy to help!
You may have already checked this, but can you double-check that the default playback device is set properly in Windows? I made a short video on how to check this here --> https://youtu.be/6iUQxuN2AXw
If that gets everything going, great! If not the next step would have you perform a clean install of the DisplayLink driver used by the dock. Please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the docking station from your system.
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner software --> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/… to remove the driver from the system.
- Run Windows Update (Start > Settings > Update & security). Reboot when prompted. Repeat this process until there are no new updates found. This is important as Microsoft has been releasing frequent updates.
- Install the DisplayLink drivers from this link --> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/…. Connect your dock when prompted during the installation.
- Reboot after the installation completes
Hopefully that gets everything going again. Let us know the results when you have a moment and we can determine the next steps from there.
The 5-step solution works perfectly and smoothly.
Thank you so much
Thanks for getting back with the results. I’m glad everything is working properly now. Please let us know if you need any help in the future!