Windows 10 Not Recognizing VGA/DVI Connected monitor through Plugable 3.0

I have a monitor connected through the DVI/VGA port. The monitor is connected and replicates the primary screen on my laptop. However, Windows 10 does not detect it as a separate monitor and instead replicates what I have on my laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad T460S.) I have updated the Display Drivers for my laptop, and have confirmed that I have the latest driver for the Plugable SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Dual Monitor Docking Station. How do I get my laptop to recognize the 2nd monitor as a separate monitor?

Hi Vince,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue, but I would be more than happy to assist!

Based on the description of the issue, and all of the great steps you have taken, you are most likely dealing with a configuration issues. When you have a moment, please head into Windows 10 Display Settings and follow these instructions:

1. At the top of the menu, there should be two numbered boxes. #1 should be the laptop display, and #2 should be the external display. Click the #2 box so that it is highlighted blue.
  2. Scroll down the menu, and look for a label that says " Multiple Displays"
  3. Click the drop down box below this label, and select “Extend Desktop” to this display.
  4. Save and Apply the settings

This should now allow you to have the 2nd display configured as a completely separate display, and not mirroring the laptop display.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue!

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to Vince to provide some troubleshooting steps in order to help resolve his issue. We have not received a response back, but we are hoping that it has solved his problem.

If Vince would like to continue troubleshooting, or anyone else has any similar questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support