I just updated to Windows 10 and downloaded the driver so that the USB 3.0 docking station would be usable. Most functions are working, but sound is not coming through my external speakers (which are plugged into the docking station). When I check the sound devices on my control panel, the Plugable device is not coming up as an option. Please help.
Thanks for posting. I’d be happy to help with your docking station!
The first step is to make sure the latest DisplayLink driver we recommend for Windows 10 is installed properly. Please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the docking station from your system.
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner software --> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/… to remove the current driver from the system.
- Reboot, even if not prompted.
- Run Windows Update (Start > Settings > Update & security). Reboot if/when prompted. Repeat this process until there are no new updates found. This is important as Microsoft has been releasing frequent updates for Windows 10.
- Download and install the DisplayLink drivers from this link --> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/…. Connect your dock when prompted during the installation.
- Reboot after the installation completes, and if all goes well, things should be working as expected once you’re back in Windows.
Let us know if that helps when you have a moment and we’ll go from there.