I have just upgraded my OS to Windows 10 and also the driver for my Plugable UD-3900. I have driver version 7.9MO. I used a cleaner before the installation. My problem is that when I re-plug into my Plugable device I don’t have any audio from my connected speakers. The default speakers are set to speakers(Plugable Audio). I can reboot my computer and everything will start working again. I didn’t have to do this until after the upgrade. How do I get everything working so that I don’t have to reboot?
Thanks for posting. I’m sorry the audio doesn’t remain working with the dock after you disconnect and reconnect. I’d be happy to help!
We’ve had some reports of audio issues that are related to Window 10 itself even when not using our products, so to help isolate this down lets start simple by updating to the latest driver we recommend for Windows 10 to see if that changes the behavior. Please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the docking station from your system.
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner software --> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/… to remove the current driver from the system.
- Reboot, even if not prompted.
- Run Windows Update (Start > Settings > Update & security). Reboot if/when prompted. Repeat this process until there are no new updates found. This is important as Microsoft has been releasing frequent updates.
- Download and install the DisplayLink 7.9 M2 drivers from this link --> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/…. Connect your dock when prompted during the installation.
- Reboot after the installation completes, and test the behavior again.
Let us know if that helps when you have time, and we’ll determine the next steps from there.
FYI, I had this problem, followed these steps, and the problem went away. Thanks!