Windows 10 and Netflix error on docked displays

Movies play fine on the laptop but when viewing on the plugged in displays I get error U7361-1255-C00D7159 from Netflix using the app or browser. Any thoughts on a fix?

Hi Mark,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue, but I would be more than happy to assist!

Based on the individual error you are receiving, and the specific compatibilities are docking stations allow, you are running into an issue associated with HDCP.

Our docking stations due not support HDCP, and netflix requires that all connected devices inside of the chain (from system to display) support HDCP in order for content to be viewable on the monitor.

If you were to disconnect the docking station, and utilize the built in display, you should not receive this error. You will also not receive this error if you are connecting the display directly to your laptop.

I hope this information helps, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns, and I would be more than happy to assist!

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to Mark to inform him of the individual limitations of our DisplayLink based devices, and to work through some additional troubleshooting to verify that this is the issue.

If Mark would like to continue troubleshooting, or any one else is experiencing similar issues, please feel free to reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com, and we would be more than happy to assist!

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support