WIN XP and Hughes not getting along

Trying to connect with USB3-E1000 from a WIN XP desktop to a Hughes satellite modem. Went through the setup Wizard. Cannot establish a connection using Internet Explorer. Connection icon shows “1394 connection, 400 Mbps” but I can’t connect to Internet. Please advise.

Hello,

I wanted to reach out to you regarding your concern in using our USB 3.0 Gigabit adapter. To confirm, are you running Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)? This USB 3.0 Gigabit adapter can only work with Windows XP on Service Pack 3. If you do not have Service Pack 3, I would suggest to perform a Windows Update, when and if convenient. Depending on your situation, you may want to backup any necessary files before proceeding with the update.

After updating Windows, the drivers should be automatically installed when you connect the adapter. But, just to be sure, you can download and install the drivers from this link: https://plugable.com/drivers/asix/win….

If these steps do not get the adapter working, please contact us directly at: support@plugable.com and we’ll be glad to help you!

Thank you,

Kevin
Product Owner
support@plugable.com