Win 10 Build 10130, Plugable UGA-3000, Not working

I have the following:
Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10130
Dell XPS 8500 (Latest BIOS A12)
AMD Radeon HD 7700 (15.5 Beta Driver 14.502.1014.1001 for Win 8.1 64 bit, which is downgraded from Engineering Sample WDDM 2.0 Driver 15.200.1023.5)
Plugable UGA-3000 (Latest DisplayLink Beta Driver for Win10)

I cannon get the device to stay connected. I get the USB connect sound, an attempt to display, then the disconnect sound. I have followed all the advice I can in the support document on that issue to no benefit, adjusting BIOS USB settings, power plan USB settings, trying different USB ports, and so on. I also have an older UGA-2K-A Rev B that displays the same behavior. Every so often, the screen will connect and look good - but it lasts only a moment and then I get the disconnect sound again. The one thing I have left to do is a powered USB hub or Y cable.

I have other Win10 devices with Plugable products working fine.

I do notice this in the Plugable UGA-3000 Events log: Device USB\VID_17E9&PID_4324&MI_00\6&3550058c&0&0000 requires further installation.

I’m trying to attach a zipped log file, but don’t know where to do that here.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for posting (and we also received your direct support email with your DisplayLink Tool file). If I’m not mistaken, you posted the same question in our forum about two weeks back –> http://support.plugable.com/plugable/… where we replied with the latest information in regard to Windows 10.

As we mentioned earlier we don’t officially support Windows 10 as the operating system is still only a Preview release. That being said all of our docking stations and video adapters are based on technology by DisplayLink, and DisplayLink does all the driver development. DisplayLink have released beta drivers for Windows 10 (which you have already installed) and are seeking feedback and offering direct support for early adopters in their Windows 10 forum –> http://displaylink.org/forum/forumdis…

Besides the DisplayLink driver being the possible cause, the issue you are experiencing may also be due to the driver for your graphics adapter or perhaps even to the new driver for the USB 3.0 host controller included in Windows . As you point out the driver model for graphics adapters is changing to WDDM 2.0 with Windows 10 and AMD and Nvidia are working on new releases but things are constantly changing. I took a look at the logs you included and it appears that the issue in your case is with the DisplayLink driver itself.

If you have another system to test with that has Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 and both of the adapters work properly, we know the issue lies on the software side. If that is the case my recommendation would be to post in the aforementioned DisplayLink Windows 10 forum with the output you already gathered using DisplayLink’s own support tool (http://displaylink.com/downloads/sla…) so they can examine the output. If the adapters don’t work in Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 please send us logs from that system and we can investigate further.

Let me know if you have any questions about the above. I’m sorry we can’t be of more direct help but until both Windows 10 and the DisplayLink driver have reached release status, working with DisplayLink directly is the best way forward.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Bob,

Thank you for looking through all of that. I will redirect feedback to DisplayLink and see where we go from there.

I just recent got a UGA-3000 to add a third monitor, it did work for about twenty minutes then after that Won 10 Display reads monitor not detected. UGA-3000 appears in Device Manager and in Printer & devices and appears to have no errors. But is not working and there is no UI to troubleshoot from.

Hi David,

Thanks for adding to the discussion! It sounds like your issue may be different than that of the original poster, so as a first step I would recommend sending one of our PlugDebug files (http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) to us directly at support@plugable.com so we can examine some log files to help determine the next steps. If you could also include your Amazon Order ID number in your direct email that would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Bob