Will you offer a Displayport to HDMI2 adapter capable of 4K @ 60Hz?

I have a Dell Precision 7510 with a miniDP port on the laptop and have used it with the TB15 dock with a miniDP to HDMI2 and DP to HDMI2 from another vendor to successfully get 4K @ 60Hz on dual displays, but I love Plugable products and would love to throw money at this (even though I already have miniDP and DP to HDMI2 from another vendor that are working quite well). I’m hoping to get another TB15 (hopefully that works as well as my current one) for my office, so having another set of adapters would be handy.

This would also apply to the TB3 to dual HDMI adapter you currently have. It would be great if that could output HDMI2.0 for 4K @ 60Hz.

Hi dragon788, thanks for posting! We haven’t tested our adapters with this setup, but I would expect our adapter to work in order to display a 4K @ 60Hz resolution from the TB15 dock.

If you do decide to proceed with a purchase, we offer a 30-day no hassle return policy via Amazon.com/returns if you find that our adapter does not meet your needs.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

To be specific, only the mdp-hdmi supports 4K @ 60 Hz.

The dp-hdmi only supports up to 4K @ 30 Hz, which is strange since it is the same price as the newer and more capable mdp-hdmi.

Of course, you could add a third party mdp female to dp male adapter if you want to use the mdp-hdmi with a full sized DP port.

As for the TB3 to dual HDMI adapter limitations, you could replace that with the TB3 to dual DP adapter (tbt3-dp2x), and add two DP to miniDP adapters and two mdp-hdmi adapters.

Definitely, new products with HDMI 2.0 capability built in would be preferable to having to add more adapters (even if they are just passive).

The specs for the dp-hdmi have been upgraded to 4K @ 60 Hz.