Will USB3-HUB7-81X work with an extension and a question on interference

I’m looking to use my TV as a PC monitor, without moving the PC. My question is, will it still work as fast on an extension cable (assuming that cable is 3.0 into a 3.0 port)?

Is there a limit on the ideal length of that extension?

I read somewhere that it may interfere with wireless mouse receivers - is there a distance req on that too? Or, if I place it X ft away, will everything still work together fine?

Hi Brandy,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am happy to answer your questions regarding our USB 3.0 7 Port Hub.

When it comes down to it, yes, the USB 3.0 7 Port Hub should function properly. It should provide sufficient power to the devices you have connected to the hub. Whether or not it will have great performance is another matter. If you are using on a keyboard, gamepad, and trackball, on the hub then you will probably not notice any performance issues. However, I would not recommend this, as running a USB 3.0 cable of any length above 3 feet can lead to undesirable performance.

With wireless mouse interference from USB 3.0, it generally comes down to moving the wireless receiver away from the USB 3.0 until it works properly. This can easily be done with a USB 2.0 passive cable. If you want a bit more specific information regarding USB 3.0 interference, I would encourage you to take a look at this Intel White Paper:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/e…

Regards,

Stephen
Plugable Technologies