Will UD 3000 work with Win8 Sony Vaio Duo 11?

I am running a Sony Vaio Duo 11 ultra book with 64 bit Win 8, and have been frustrated with an Asus usb 3.0 docking solution. Reading the great reviews on Amazon for your support (awesome) and your UD 3000, do you have any reason to believe your product would not work with my Sony Vaio? Am about to press the order button.

Hi Will,

Thanks for posting your question here, we’d be glad to help!

The UD-3000 utilizes DisplayLink drivers. We highlight some of the most common issues currently with DisplayLink (including Win8 specific issues) on the bottom of the drivers page here:
http://plugable.com/drivers/displaylink

These issues are common for any product utilizing DisplayLink chipset and not unique to the UD-3000 adapter.That being said, the UD-3000 is one of our best selling products and we’ve had great feedback on it.

To better understand your setup and requirements for the dock, could you elaborate a bit on the kind of problems you’ve had with the Asus usb 3 docking station?

Thanks,
Ellen

I have purchased the above ASUS docking station, installled the software, downloaded the updated software.
When I plug the docking station into the usb port, the machines begins a funny but frustrating dance with itself. The on board screen jumps between two different resolutions, back and forth about every 2 seconds while the audio chirps with the sound it makes when someone is plugging and unplugging something into the usb. The only way to stop it is to unplug the docking station.

Thanks for the insight.

Thanks for the details there. It sounds like the dock was continuously dropping off the bus and re-connecting, which can be caused by a loose USB cable from the dock. If that’s the case you likely wouldn’t experience the same issue with the UD-3000. If you decide to give it a try and run into any issues, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly at support@plugable.com, we’re always glad to help!

Thanks,
Ellen

Thank you. I will give the UD 3000 a try. Getting it tomorrow from Amazon.

The reason I went with you guys, is your services is rated as exceptional. Rare today to see that. Tell your management to continue keeping their priorities straight! They will be rewarded with revenue (like mine).

(I also bought a Plugable usb 3.0 to HDMI converter).

Installed the UD 3000, running DisplayLink Graphics 7.1.45135.0 and DisplayLink Core 7.1.45125.0, and unfortunately having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM as I had with the ASUS unit. The connection seems fine at the USB 3.0, and I have used other devices there with no problem. The doc works fine until I plug in a monitor, and then I get the psycho machine described above. The only conclusion I can reach is that displaylink is not compatible with my machine. If you can tell me how to check the USB drivers (so it says on DL site) I will do it. Thanks.

Hi Will,

Thanks for letting us know! We’ll be glad to help troubleshoot. It would be very helpful if you could capture and send us the DisplayLink log file, it gives us detailed information on how your system is setup and helps us narrow down the problem. Step by step instructions on how to collect this log file can be found here:
http://plugable.com/support/tools/dis…

You can send the file directly to us at support@Plugable.com and we’ll take a look!

Thanks,
Ellen