Will the Thunderbolt 3 Docking station work with new MacBook Pro Max?

I know it’s a bit early to ask since the new MacBook pro’s still haven’t shipped, but mine is supposedly arriving in the next few days and I just wanted to see if it was okay to use the TBT3-UD1-85W dock with it? The MacBook Pro I ordered is the new 16 inch MAX with the 140w charger. Thanks!!

Hello Erik

Thank you for reaching out to Plugable Support! I’d be happy to help answer your question about compatibility.

Because the MacBook Pro Max is such a new laptop as of writing this, we cannot guarantee compatibility with it yet until we test it ourselves. We have one on the way, and we will likely be posting about it’s compatibility with our products on our YouTube channel and our blog.

However, we still do expect our Thunderbolt 3 docks to work with the MacBook Pro Max because Thunderbolt 4 ports are backwards compatible with Thunderbolt 3 devices, so there is no reason for us to believe that the TBT3-UD1-85W would not work with your new MacBook, albeit with the limitation that this dock will not be able to charge your laptop at the full 140W.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

Evan
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.