Why USB3 Plugable-HDMI-DVI adaptor needs to be reconfigured after system rebooted?

I bought a USB3 Plugable-HDMI-DVI adaptor. I use it to connect to my second external monitor (monitor-3) from my notebook (Windows 8). It works. But when computer rebooted, I need to reconfigure it again. Also, the main monitor and the monitor-3 was randomly switched. Is there any way to let the system keep the status and does not need to reconfigure it after system rebooted?

I have the same problem I am using a MSI GT70 laptop and I have a Hanns G HDMI monitor connected to the HDMI port and the USB3-HDMI-DVI adapter connected to a Dell monitor. I’m using Windows 8.1 (it works) but I am having to reconfigure after the system goes to sleep or is rebooted.I bought this from Newegg and will return this product if I can’t get it working properly!

Thanks for getting in contact with us. I’d be more than happy to help each of you with your Plugable USB3-HDMI-DVI display adapter. However, it is likely that while the symptoms are the same, the problems may be different.

The best way to proceed with troubleshooting these devices is to run our log gathering tool Plugdebug with the USB3-HDMI-DVI adapter and email the logs produced by this tool to us at support@plugable.com.

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

We’ll then go over the logs and see if we can determine what specifically is going on. Without any additional information about your setups, my best guess as to why it needs to be reconfigured would be that the USB xHCI host controller needs to be updated.

Regards,

Stephen
Plugable Technologies