Why Isn't My Adapter Working?

Just received my USB2-E100 and can’t get it to work with an Asus laptop (F510US, Win 10) or either Chromebooks I own (501C or Chromebook 3).

In the case of the Asus, connected to Wi Fi, I’m getting 300mpbs, connected to the Plugable, it’s about 90 (!). Driver installed. Checked with multiple ethernet cables…

Both Chromebooks are even worse – I’m not sure that they are compatible with the Plugable? Have not installed drivers because I couldn’t determine which ones I should use.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Hello Dstuck,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Sorry for any trouble here, and I’d be glad to help. With respect, this adapter is 10/100 mbps only. It won’t go higher than that even if your network equipment (modem/router) or service plan is capable of higher speeds. Speeds of 90mbps would be right on target for performance with this adapter.

As far as the Chromebooks are concerned, this adapter should be compatible. But, you’ll need to make sure that the Chromebook is up to date, and you’ll most likely need to turn WiFi off. Chromebooks without built in Ethernet will default to the WiFi connection unless it is turned off. I hope this helps, and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Thank you,

Kevin
Plugable Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.