Why does my computer not even recognize my plugable sd card reader, usb 3.0 on windows 10?

I bought the "
Plugable SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Flash Memory Card Reader for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Certain Android Systems - Supports SD, SDHC, SDXC, Micro SD / T-Flash, MS, MS Pro Duo, MMC, and more" from Amazon last December. At first I found my computer didn’t have 3.0 ports so didn’t try it for awhile. Then installed a usb 3.0 card from Amazon, “Poweradd USB 3.0 PCI-E Express Card 4 USB 3.0 Ports with 5V 4-Pin Power Connector for Desktops [VL805 Chipset]”

Added the plugable 7 port usb 3.0 to that. Took weeks to get that to work but now it seems too. But now the Plugable USB 3.0 reader is not even recognized, not on the 3.0 or my old 2.0 ports. But, it works fine on my other computer using the 2.0 ports.

Ran all the updates you suggested for the 7 port which was the VIA_XHCI_Driver_V4.90A_AP. Getting frustrated at all the problems with the plugable products. Probably won’t be buying again despite the success others have had. I’m open to more fixes though.

Hello Guy,

Thanks for coming to us with this issue!

It sounds like there’s possibly an incompatibility issue happening with the PCIe card you’ve installed on your first computer. It sounds like the device is functioning as it should considering that it’s working in your other computer.

I’d like to get logs from the offending system and investigate. Could you contact me at support@plugable.com and mention ticket #135551 so that I can give you some instructions?

Thanks!

Sam Morgan
Plugable Technologies